Forum Discussion

Jackcol
Cover User
11 months ago

export item list convert to inventory and import

Hi community, I would like to export my item list, change all items to inventory and then re-import it to MYOB. I have already attempted this but was unable to import it again succeffully. Is there anyone out there who could help?

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Jackcol , I take it you want to tick the "I inventory this item..." option via importing? Have you tried doing that manually, ie within the program? If your items have been used in transactions, then that change is not possible, nor will it be possible via importing. (If they have not been used before, then reduce your exported file to the item number and the "I inventory..." field (with an "I" added to the "I inventory..." field), and the import should work).

Always take a backup before major changes like this, in case the result is not what you want. 

However, it is possible to export all your items, manually re-number the items left in the file (eg by adding a prefix such as "zz"), then re-import the items file (with an "I" added to the "I inventory..." field) to create new items. You will have double the number of items, and no sales history on the new items.

There is a 3rd party who can combine all the "zz" items into one if you want to do that, but the sales history will be combined as well. 

If my assumptions are incorrect, my apologies; tell us more about what you want to do.

Jackcol
      Cover User

Thanks Mike, it seems it may be better to rename all the existing ZZ and keep them seperate or mark them inactive. That way I can still see the sales history from thea item if I wish too. I am willing to hae a third party organise this file for me.

Jack