Cannot code to an active GL

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Simone6
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Cannot code to an active GL

Hi,

I have created a new GL and I'm trying to use it in a purchase but it's not showing up in the list of GL's to select to code to, even though it's sitting in the accounts list. It's not been set up as a header GL, it's just a normal GL. I have refreshed the accounts list and logged in/out and it still doesn't come up in the list. 

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Cannot code to an active GL

Hi @Simone6 

Welcome to the Community Forum. Can you please open up the account on the Accounts List and ensure that 'Inactive Account' is not ticked, and the type of account is selected to be 'Detail Account'. 

If that all looks correct, can you please reply with a screenshot of the Account Information window and the New Purchase windows so I can reproduce the error on my end?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Simone6
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Cannot code to an active GL

Hi Samara,

It was setup as a detail account and was not ticked as inactive. 

After a few hours on the phone to MYOB this has been rectified (file had to be restored as there was an issue with the file). 

Thanks

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post