Error 173 - linking with simPro

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BE56
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Error 173 - linking with simPro

Yes just got off the phone to SimPRO myself and they have advised I am 'lucky' because at least my customer payments are going through. Doesn't help that none of the customer contact details are exporting. They are aware and trying to resolve. No advice as to when, just that they will advise.

FA_CM
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Ok - this is now beyond frustrating and extemely questionable.  MYOB says they can't do anything and the 3rd party is required to contact them in order to fix the problem.  SIMPRO says its an error MYOB end and that they are working with them to rectify the matter - so I assume they are in contact with MYOB.  We are now paying for 2 products (MYOB and SIMPRO) that we have not been able to use to its full capacity since 8 September 2022 - almost 1 month.  I also find it unusual that we have never been contatced by either party advising there has been an issue with our builds.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,839Posts

1,080Kudos

755Solutions

Hi @FA_CM , it's not strictly an error at MYOB's end, but it is a deliberate change to previous API behaviour, which has caused several add-on programs to throw errors instead of just working. This change was announced some time (maybe a month or two?) before it was implemented, but the implications may have been missed.

Besides, it's hard to test against a change which has not been made. MYOB bear some responsibility; maybe a new version of the API should have been made available (separate version number, heavily publicised) before sunsetting the current version. That would have given all developers time to make their changes.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post