Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Online Payment details not matching amount banked or Customer Payments report

I am unable to reconcile the receipts showing in the Bank Fee and the Customer Payments report, I have searched for the invoice numbers and they are not in the Online Payments report and the amount sitting in the undeposited funds does not match the total in the bank feed for the same period.

Last week we had a duplicate payment into our bank account which we had to repay and included funds that were received but not included in the original list of the correct payment.  What is going on MYOB? 

1 REPLY 1
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
2,153 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,153Posts

78Kudos

138Solutions

Re: Online Payment details not matching amount banked or Customer Payments report

Hi @Ruth-DST,

Thank you so much for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you were not able to match this Online Payments. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response.

If you do have an electronic/online payment that doesn't match the associated bank transaction i.e. one payment didn't go through you would be looking at completing the following steps:

1. Go to Setup>>Preferences>>Security and ensure that Transactions can be changed, they must be reversed is disabled.
  2. When that preference has been checked, open the relevant Prepare Electronic Payment transaction and go Edit>>Delete Electronic Payment. This will place the transactions back into the Prepare Electronic Payment window ready for reprocessing.
  3. After that transaction has been deleted, go to Banking>>Prepare Electronic Payments and tick the relevant payments that were actually processed. Ensure the date and amount are correct before selecting Bank File. This will create a bank file, which you would save but never upload to the bank. In AccountRight the actual transaction will be recorded with that process. This particular transaction can then be matched to the relevant bank transaction has come in.

Please do let me know how you go on this.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post