Forum Discussion

Jen22
Trusted Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Quote Template

Hi, I am currently in the middle of setting up our quoting & purchasing templates.  We have always used excel for these forms but am now looking at MYOB to create them.

I have attached our template that I have been working on far

I am having a few issues with the template & hoping you could answer the following;

- I cannot get the Description part of the table to move across so there is more room, making the Unit Cost a smaller section

- Where we have - DRC estimated ex-works lead time - I would like to add the due date field - But where does this come from in MYOB? Is it in the customers card?

Also to get the customer company name to show on the quote I have had to put the name in Customer Field #1 & put that field on the quote.  Is this right or is there another way to do this?

Thanks for your help

• Hi Jen22 

Thanks for your post. These help articles have detailed information on personalising your invoices/quotes:

Personalising invoices

Add text and fields to forms

Editing form elements

The due date field is populated according to the terms of that particular invoice/quote. If you created a quote on the 1/10/20 and the terms were net 7 days the due date would be the 8/10/20.

Please do let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Jen22 

Thanks for your post. These help articles have detailed information on personalising your invoices/quotes:

Personalising invoices

Add text and fields to forms

Editing form elements

The due date field is populated according to the terms of that particular invoice/quote. If you created a quote on the 1/10/20 and the terms were net 7 days the due date would be the 8/10/20.

Please do let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information

Jen22
    Trusted Cover User

Thanks Tracey,

I have managed to get the columns right!!

I still have an issue with the due date populating the quote.  Most of our quotes will have a 2 week lead time.

I have attached how I changed the Customer Terms but it is still showing as the same date as the quote date, also attached

Could you please advise

Thanks

Tracey_H
      Former Staff

Hi Jen22 

If you delete and reprocess that quote does it display the correct date? Please let me know how you go with this.

Jen22
        Trusted Cover User

Hi Tracey,  sorry for the random delays in responses! I am working on this in the background to all my normal work lol

OK I have finally figured out the due date.  If I go in the Terms when I am doing the actual quote, it works, instead of changing anything in the card section.

One more thing;

I have set up a Purchase Order as well.

When I go to print it out, the description, quantity & cost is blank.

Only my Total Cost will show

Are we meant to be setting these up under Item or Service?? I currently have it set up under Service and that is what my supplier is set to under Buying Details in the card section.