Updating Bulk Account number

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Kristyh1
Trusted User
79 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

79Posts

11Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Updating Bulk Account number

I am needing to make allof my COGS code in my MYOB inactive as we are minimising the accounnt list

I am following the instructions as per MYOB https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Bulk+update+customer+and+supplier+cards#expand-3Importyourchan...

Once these are made inactive and I go to import my new COGS account codes am I able to use the same item number which is now currently inactive? 

Will it just update to the new name description? 

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Updating Bulk Account number

Hi @Kristyh1 

The answer to your question about would I be able to use the same account number that is active is really a yes and no answer. Yes, that account number can be used. However, I don't think it will work the way you are hoping it will.

When you import an account into AccountRight you have the option for Update existing records for duplicate records. If this is set, what happens is that it will take the existing account number and update it with the import records. For example say you account 1-1100 Main bank, you are trying to import 1-1100 Second account, what will happen is that 1-1100 becomes Second account.  Sounds good? What is also happening is the transactions behind the scenes are also being updated. So if I had a transaction going to that account Main Bank, it will now be listed as Second account

Basically, to sum up, yes you can reuse that account number, however, all the history of that account comes along as well. So if you don't want that history to be moved across then do look at using a different account number.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post