Warning 59 When Importing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
WSmith360
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Warning 59 When Importing

I am trying to import items into MYOB.  I have attached the text file I am testing.  The items currently do not exist in MYOB.  When I import, a get Warning 59: Expense account invalid; item may not be bought.  The item is created in MYOB but the "I buy this item" is not ticked and none of the data except the item number and item name have been imported.  The expense accounts are valid in MYOB.  I am not sure what the problem is and am requesting some advice.  Thanks, Wendy

2 REPLIES 2
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,863 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,863Posts

1,027Kudos

756Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Warning 59 When Importing

Hi @WSmith360 , in the latest version of AccountRight (2020.3) the order of fields matters. 

I suggest you create one item manually, then export it, and put the fields in your file in the order that they appear in the export. Then re-try. 

It may also be necessary to add other fields, but let's see what happens first. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

WSmith360
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Warning 59 When Importing

Thanks.  I re-ordered the columns based on your advice and the upload now works.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post