amending payment method

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
activemobility
Trusted Cover User
109 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

109Posts

171Kudos

5Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

amending payment method

From time to time the wrong payment method is entered when in hurry for a cash sale, eg paid by cash instead of  EFTPOS

If method entered originally, I could go into details and amend when I process prepare bank deposit, so that all the correct methods are grouped together.

Today, it is different.  Screen shot attached.  It is greyed out, and an authorised code box is there, but you cant do anything with it.

If we cant amend it, it is going to make our banking very messy.  Please advise.

myob payment methods.GIF
6 REPLIES 6
activemobility
Trusted Cover User
109 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

109Posts

171Kudos

5Solutions

Re: amending payment method

OK, I have looked at this further.

EFT was set in the actual card for some reason.  (This account not used that much)

But I am unable to amend or delete payment so that I can re do.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @activemobility 

Sounds like you have worked out the default payment method and information for a customer is pulled from the Payment Details on their card. This, of course, can be changed at the time of recording the payment if necessary.

In terms of that actual greyed-out Payment Details for Customer payment, it is likely that a deposit transaction has occurred in relation to that order/invoice and therefore has "locked" that payment transaction from allowing changes. Help Article: Customer deposits outlines how to revert back to square one with that payment and invoice so it can be entered afresh - I would weigh up that process in relation to ensuring that payment details are correct as it can be a little messy on your accounts.

If a deposit situation hasn't occurred here are the common other reasons why that would be locked:

• The transaction has been involved in a secondary transaction i.e. a bank deposit or electronic payment
  • Setup>>Preferences>>Security -- Transactions Can't be Changed, They Must be reversed is enabled.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

StephAOPE
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

We have payments made by card, EFT and cheque.

In the desktop version you can choose visa/mastercard/eftpos or whatever but in the browser version you can't.

Is this something that can be changed as reconciling is not as easy in browser mode.

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,432 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,432Posts

39Kudos

145Solutions

Hi @StephAOPE 

Thank you for your post. We can also select the payment method when you’re using the browser. It applies when you are using Online Invoice Payment on the browser. Online invoice payments are a secure payment service that gives your customers an easier and faster way to pay you. Now they can pay online using their VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, BPAY, Apple Pay, Google Pay or PayPal. On the other hand, if you are referring to selecting payment method when paying your employee, it is currently not available as what we can select under payment method are paying them by cash, electronic or cheque.

You may have a look at this help article: Online Invoice Payment that has all the detailed information and steps to assist you with this. 

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Shella_A

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

StephAOPE
Experienced Cover User
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Shella,

Thank you for your reply however this does not help us.

We do not use the online invoice option as we have a partner software that we do our invoicing from and it is then exported to MYOB.

We will continue to use the desktop version if that is the choice for recording payment method.

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,432 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,432Posts

39Kudos

145Solutions

Hi @StephAOPE 

Thanks for the response. We appreciate your patience and understanding about this matter. Rest assured that we'll relay your idea/feedback to the relevant team and let you know right away once this feature is already available on the desktop version. 

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Cheers,

Shella_A

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post