Creating Multiple Superannuation Guarantee accounts

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
suzannengiv
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Creating Multiple Superannuation Guarantee accounts

hello,

We have an employee whereby we need to set up a  seperate general ledger account to track their  wages and superannuation as it relates to a specific project. it needs to have its own expense account, and not just a job number assigned to it.

I see that you can create a new wage category and link to a new wage account (by ticking the override function), but my question is in regard to superannuation guarantee (SG).  Do l need to create a new SG payroll category for this employee, and then assign a new linked  expense accunt? can you have multiple SG categories.

thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Creating Multiple Superannuation Guarantee accounts

Hi @suzannengiv 

You have the right idea! You want to create a new category for that employee with the appropriate linked account and ensure that the employee is linked to it.

As the employee will be moving superannuation category just a bit of a note. Superannuation amounts are calculated per month per category. So if you move the employee across mid-month you will find that the first pay using that new category will be a higher calculation than intended. This is due to the fact that the new category is including all the previous pay history for the month in that calculation. To remedy this you want to update the category manually. Or if possible, delay the move until a new month.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

suzannengiv
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Creating Multiple Superannuation Guarantee accounts

thanks Steven, 

that is very helpful and answers my question. thanks for the tip, as l would not have realsied that. thankyou

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post