Forum Discussion

chals
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Dealing with negative amount in PAYG Clearing account

Hi,

I've  moved from AccountEdge to AccountRight from 1/7/20. I paid my BAS after the 1/7/20. This of course included PAYG Withholding amounts. I use BASlink and Pay Liabilities. 

I recorded the PAYG Withholding amounts in  Spend Money allocating it to the PAYG Clearing account but have been left with a negative amount as I can't use the Pay Liabilities option. 

Should I leave the negative amount? 

Should I allocate it to a different account? 

Any help much appreciated.

• Hi chals 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in replying. Generally speaking, you would need to enter these amounts as Opening balances in AccountRight. This help article will guide you through this process: Enter account opening balances 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    chals
    Experienced Cover User

Can I correct this by giving the PAYG Withholding account a pre-conversion opening balance, then recording a Journal Entry to clear the amount. Can someone talk me through this please?

• Hi chals 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in replying. Generally speaking, you would need to enter these amounts as Opening balances in AccountRight. This help article will guide you through this process: Enter account opening balances 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.