Deleting payroll with timesheets and superannuation submitted

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Swiftyv2
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Deleting payroll with timesheets and superannuation submitted

Last year we changed from AccountRight to Advanced.  There were two weeks that I was running both side by side to ensure all issues had been resolved in Advanced.  The STP's were submitted from Advanced.  However the Super was sent through AccountRight as it had not been set up correctly in Advanced and we pay Super weekly.To ensure Payment Summaries are correct I need to delete the two weeks in AccountRight.  It will only let me reverse the pay.  When I click on the reverse it comes up the pay must be deleted due to timesheets attached.  I have reversed the super payment hoping that would allow me to delete but it did not work.  I have also deleted the payroll payment.  Is there any way this can be fixed?

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Deleting payroll with timesheets and superannuation submitted

Hi @Swiftyv2 

I would recommend taking a look at my post on Deleting/editing a processed pay for more information deleting payroll transactions. Basically, to delete a payroll transaction you need to start at the end and work backwards i.e. you can't delete that payroll transaction before you delete the secondary transactions (electronic payment or pay superannuation transaction...).

In terms of your situation, I get the impression that the superannuation has been paid and thus the pay superannuation transaction can't be deleted and that payroll transaction has been locked. Now, if I read correctly, it seems like you want to fix something for payroll reporting purposes. If so, my recommendation would be to enter a pay for those employees as a negative amount. What this will do is update the employee's year-to-date information and thus when you next report (or by doing a zero pay event) within that file that new year-to-date information is reported through to the ATO.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Swiftyv2
2 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Deleting payroll with timesheets and superannuation submitted

Thanks Steven. I thought the would be my only option.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post