Employee Card File Changes - AUDIT

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LisaGSA
Trusted Cover User
51 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

51Posts

13Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Employee Card File Changes - AUDIT

Hello, 
We have recently had an audit and one of the findings was the limited control of reviewing changes to employees card files. 
Other than the Online Owner getting an email when bank details have been changed what other audit trails are there if details are changed in the employees card?

Is there a report that I can generate that will show what details have been changed for each in the card files & potentially who made those changes (we have multiple people with access to our payroll).
Ideally, i would be good to run a report for a select dates, so that it can be reviewed when payroll is reviewed/approved.
Thanks Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
vidario1
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

95Posts

23Kudos

5Solutions

Re: Employee Card File Changes - AUDIT

Hi @LisaGSA 

Unfortunately you can't track changes this way, but I can see that it could be useful for auditing purposes!

It won't necessarily help you as staff can still make changes without being tracked, but what I've implemented is that whenever a change is made to an employee card, the person making the change puts an entry in the Contact Log summarising which changes have been made, e.g. change of address as per copy of lease, changed hourly rate as per new contract signed on 1/6/23, changed superfund from Sun Super to Australian Super as per e-mail on 13 May, etc. etc. 

PS. It's not the report you're after, but you're probably already aware of the Session Security Audit Report, where you're able to at least see when a user logged on and off, even though you won't be able to see if they made any changes to carrd files.

Thanks

vidario

LisaGSA
Trusted Cover User
51 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

51Posts

13Kudos

2Solutions

Thanks @vidario1 

I already have a similar file to track changes for payroll, but I may look at something like you have mentioned for the auditors. 

Hopefully MYOB can develop some sort of audit report as I'm sure many companies would find this useful.  

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,890 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,890Posts

90Kudos

376Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @LisaGSA

Thanks for your post. 

As mentioned previously there is no report in the app that produces the data you are looking for.  Rest assured we will raise this idea to our team. 

If you have any concerns or questions feel free to let us know. 

Cheers, 

Genreve 

LisaGSA
Trusted Cover User
51 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

51Posts

13Kudos

2Solutions

Thank-you, hopefully this is something the team will take into consideration as I feel it would be very beneficial to alot of other companies

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post