Forum Discussion

Suz75
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Employee swapping from part time to casual - adjusting leave entitlements

Hi,

I have an employee (or several) that have swapped from part time to casual. I have paid out their A/L entitlements but not their sick leave entitlements. Should I adjust their sick leave balances back to zero and/or how do I stop them showing on my entitlements report without manualling deselecting them each time.

Hope that makes sense & thanks in advance.

With thanks
Susan

•  

Sorry I misread your question.

To remove a carried over balance go into their card, Payroll Details>Entitlement tab and enter 0 in the carry over field. 

The YTD amount needs to removed via Process Payroll. You can do a $0 (void) pay or make the adjustment in your next payrun. In the Pay Employee screen>Payroll Categories>Entitlements>Sick/personal Leave accrual enter their accrued hours as a negative.

Cheers

Tracey

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    bungy15
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi Suz75 

Go into Payroll Categories>Entitlement tab, click on blue arrow for personal/sick leave then click on Employees and untick the casual employees. Also untick the sick leave entitlement in their card. This will stop sick leave accruing.

Hope this helps

Tracey

Suz75
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for your reply.

I have done those steps so it's not accruing anymore (and it's not showing on payslip etc) but the old accrued balance still shows on my entitlements balance report. As it's not an entitlement anymore, I don't want it showing on my reports. I'd like it to show as zero or not at all for this employee. 

Any ideas?

bungy15
        Ultimate Cover User

Sorry I misread your question.

To remove a carried over balance go into their card, Payroll Details>Entitlement tab and enter 0 in the carry over field. 

The YTD amount needs to removed via Process Payroll. You can do a $0 (void) pay or make the adjustment in your next payrun. In the Pay Employee screen>Payroll Categories>Entitlements>Sick/personal Leave accrual enter their accrued hours as a negative.

Cheers

Tracey