Employees using the same super fund

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Anthony_RDG
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Employees using the same super fund

Hi

I have set up an employee who is using the same super fund as another employee. When I setup their card and I select the fund already setup in "Payroll Details", and then I press the blue arrow to go into the "Superannuation Fund Information" tab, it does not let me change the member number for the new employee.

Do I need to recreate the same fund with a slightly different name to allow a different member number?

Thank

Anthony

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Employees using the same super fund

Hi @Anthony_RDG,

Thank you for your post. 

When you are adding super fund details for an employee, you will select the blue dropdown arrow on the right, then enter the member number in the field below:

2023-01-16 08_53_27-Sam R (Old v2019.2).myox - MYOB AccountRight.png

From the details you've provided, it seems like you're adding the membership number in the wrong field. 

Do let me know if you had any further trouble with that. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Anthony_RDG
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Sam

It is confusing as there are two fields for Member Number. The one you show and the one when you click the blue arrow. In the past I had been entering the Member Number in both. I've just deleted it from the one in the blue arrow. Seems that field is redundant. Would be good to delete it if that's the case as it makes things confusing.

I've left the member number in the field you show so let's see if the super payment goes through!

Cheers

Anthony

Sam_R
3,372 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

3,372Posts

0Kudos

510Solutions

Hi @Anthony_RDG,

The field you're referring to when you click the blue arrow on the left is asking for the employer membership number, not the employee. If you (the employer) have been given a membership number from the fund, you would enter it into that field. See below:

image.png

Generally, employers have not been given an 'Employer membership number' by a fund, or they are unaware they have one, so that field is left empty. 

If you have any further trouble with this, please do reach out. 

Kind regards,
Sam

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post