How to Hide/Restrict View to Payroll Type Expense accounts in MYOB Accountright

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jeremy55
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How to Hide/Restrict View to Payroll Type Expense accounts in MYOB Accountright

Hi,

We currently have 2 separate MYOB Account Right files where one is used for the regular Corporate accounting of the business and the other is used solely for Payroll.   We are looking into merging the two into one file by combining the Payroll file into the Corporate file. 

However, I think it means that everyone who can normally access the Corporate file will also now be able to see all the Payroll information that appears on the Payroll-related Balance Sheet or Expense accounts. 

eg. The Salary Expense account in the P&L would show every employees; name and individual pays on a line by line item (as this is how it appears in the Payroll file currently).  

I know we can restrict access to certain Users to the Payroll Module within a MYOB file but I am not sure if we can restrict access to specific Users so that they cannot go in to view the details in specific Balance Sheet or Expense accounts. 

Could you please advice if this is possible? Or is this the reason why people may decide to create a separate Payroll MYOB file (No one who was around when the 2 separate file were set up currently still work in the company so we don't know the history of this).

Much thanks!

1 REPLY 1
ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: How to Hide/Restrict View to Payroll Type Expense accounts in MYOB Accountright

Hello @Jeremy55 

Welcome to the Community Forum. 

While you are able to give users access to viewing accounts, you can't be selective about which accounts they are able to view or not. It encompasses all. 

I have attached our Help Article on setting up roles which shows off some of the restrictions you are able to do, and you will be able to create custom ones for your users.

Also, have you heard of our AccountRight Ideas Exchange? It's where you can give and vote for other suggestions that go directly to our developers. You might like to add your idea here too.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post