Job Profit & Loss

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JulieMac2
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Job Profit & Loss

How can I get a true Job Profit and Loss when I am yet to run a Payroll?

We run payroll fortnightly, so the payroll expenses dont show against that job until you actually run a payroll - this is not sufficient as we want to see the true expenses at the time we Invoice the Job, and not have to wait till we run a payroll. Additionally, we sometimes add an activity to the job after a payroll, and again this cost does not come up in the expenses/costs on that job.  Is there anyway to get a Time Billing expense to show as an expense on a Job without running the payroll?  TIA

3 REPLIES 3
Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Re: Job Profit & Loss

Hi @JulieMac2 

Thank you for your post. I'm glad to assist you.

A Profit and Loss report by Job can be produced by going to Reports >> Accounts >> Jobs >> Selecting the Job Profit & Loss Statement and the desired period before selecting Display report. This will provide a breakdown per Job for the Profit and Loss. If you are needing a separate page per job you could select the Print Preview >> Page Break option.

Here's a Help Article that lists some other available reports for Jobs.

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

JulieMac2
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sean

Thanks for your response Smiley Happy

Sorry, but this hasnt my query - the query was about how to get an accurate Job Profit & Loss BEFORE I had run a payroll - this can be a problem if you run a fortnightly or monthly payroll and a Job was finished at the start of that period.

Thanks

Julie

Julie_A_C
Partner
3,363 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

3,363Posts

502Kudos

522Solutions

Hi @JulieMac2 @Sean_DC 

The only way you can get what you actually want is to do a true accruals accounting and pass a general journal at the end of each week or when the job has finished.

You would debit the wages expense for gross wage to be paid for the job in question, debit super expense both using the job number, and credit this to a liability account called Wages/Super accrued for completed jobs (no job number against this).

When you actually process the wages, you would reverse the transaction.

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
Member Association of Accounting Technicians
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
JAC' of All Trades Bookkeeping (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)

If this post answered your question, please mark it as a solution to assist others.
If you found it helpful, please use the thumbs up.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post