Forum Discussion

CC1
User
5 years ago
Solved

Long Service Leave Accrual

Hi. I am checking Employee Long Service Leave Accrual. The Payroll Catagory is set up to calculate LSL Accrual at 0.01667% of gross hours. On a 76hour fortnight this usually equates to 0.013 hours per fortnight accumulation.  (which shows up on staff payslips)  When I printed out a detailed Staff Entitlement Balance for this year it only adds the accruals at 2 decimal places... ie 0.01 hours per fortnight. Giving a slightly different up to date calculation. Which means that myob is not accurately reflecting the hours accrued. Is there any way to adjust how hours are accrued ie to 3 decimal places.  Any help is appreciated  Thank you

• Hi CC1 

Thanks for your post. AccountRight allows for the entitlement accrual to be recorded as 3 decimal places, however, the Entitlement Balance reports will display as 2 decimal places. This does mean that there is some rounding involved when you run those reports to produce it as 2 decimal places. For the "true" hours of an entitlement you would need to look at the employee's card>>Payroll Details tab>>Entitlements, which does show as 3 decimal places.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi CC1 

Thanks for your post. AccountRight allows for the entitlement accrual to be recorded as 3 decimal places, however, the Entitlement Balance reports will display as 2 decimal places. This does mean that there is some rounding involved when you run those reports to produce it as 2 decimal places. For the "true" hours of an entitlement you would need to look at the employee's card>>Payroll Details tab>>Entitlements, which does show as 3 decimal places.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.