Forum Discussion

3 months ago
Solved

Leave accrual on Base Salary staff

Hello, I am a bit of a newbie at MYOB and payroll and have found that the leave information has not be accruing.

We are salaried staff and the wages info is the following:

On the wages tab:

Pay basis - Salary

and the wage category is - Base Salary

The LSL, AL, PL wage categories are all chosen based on the type of wage as 'hourly'

When I go to the entitlements tab:

AL, PL, LSL Calculation basis are all Equals X percentage of Gross hours

NOW, I think I have worked out that the entitlements categories the 3rd option needs to be selected which is Equals X hours per [month] - we get paid monthly.

Question:

Does the Leave categories (under the wages tab) currently as Hourly need to be made Salary? And if yes, it says if I change it will change all employes leave info.

On the Entitlements Tab:

How do I work out what are the X for Equals 'X' hours per [month].

One staff member works 2 x 8 hour days per week  69.33 hours per month

One staff member works 3 x 8 hour days per week  104 hours per month 

This has taken me hours to try to work out what the problem is.

Thanks

Bernie

• Hi BernieE,

Thank you for your post, and my apologies for the delay in our response.

Regarding your inquiry about setting up categories for your salaried employees, you can use the hourly type of wages for the payroll categories you've established under the wages section. This enables you to specify an hourly rate to multiply against the hours you record on payroll. For the entitlements tab, you can typically select the Equals [x] hours per pay period option. For more detailed guidance, please refer to the Help article: Leave and Entitlements. However, it's crucial to consult with your accountant on this matter to ensure accurate reporting of tax obligations.

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

1 Reply

• Hi BernieE,

Thank you for your post, and my apologies for the delay in our response.

Regarding your inquiry about setting up categories for your salaried employees, you can use the hourly type of wages for the payroll categories you've established under the wages section. This enables you to specify an hourly rate to multiply against the hours you record on payroll. For the entitlements tab, you can typically select the Equals [x] hours per pay period option. For more detailed guidance, please refer to the Help article: Leave and Entitlements. However, it's crucial to consult with your accountant on this matter to ensure accurate reporting of tax obligations.

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess