Forum Discussion

PaulaWalker63
Contributing User
12 days ago

Leave accruals wrong 2

in  addition, this financial year the leave accruals (which are set to percentage) are accruing incorrectly.

it accrues 3.0 for annual and 1.5 for sick leave.

why is this occurring 

• Hey PaulaWalker63,

There are possible reasons why leave is not accruing correctly. I recommend going to Payroll > Pay Items > Leave and selecting the desired entitlement to review the Calculation basis. Since you mentioned that the calculation basis is set to percentage, it's important to review the Leave Exemptions categories to see what is being included in Gross Hours. You can also check this link for more information.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hey PaulaWalker63,

There are possible reasons why leave is not accruing correctly. I recommend going to Payroll > Pay Items > Leave and selecting the desired entitlement to review the Calculation basis. Since you mentioned that the calculation basis is set to percentage, it's important to review the Leave Exemptions categories to see what is being included in Gross Hours. You can also check this link for more information.

Best regards,

Doreen

PaulaWalker63
      Contributing User

There is no reason that I can see.  The only thing that has changed is the employees hourly rate.

PaulaWalker63
      Contributing User

Hi Doreen!

I looked a little further, thanks to you suggestion.  I found another area and it had public holiday in it.  
      I also noted that the tool allowance was not exempt.  When I got rid of this the accruals have sorted themselves out.  It was adding and extra hour on and calculating on 39 instead of 38!

thank goodness!

thanks for your help.

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi PaulaWalker63,

I'm glad to know that it has been sorted out, and thanks for sharing how you resolved it. This will help other users with the same issue. If you encounter issues in the future, feel free to create a post again.

Best regards,

Doreen