Forum Discussion

DT33
Contributing User
4 years ago
Solved

Reconcile unpaid director wages

Hi   I have recorded wages for a director through payroll, however these wages will remain unpaid (offsetting director loan).   The wages aren't showing up in the reports, I'm guessing because th...
    4 years ago

Hi DT33 

Thanks for your post. Changing the employee payment method to electronic means that those payruns will now be sitting in the Prepare Electronics Payment window. To clear them from that window you would need to create a Bank File, which will also record a transaction in your software transferring those amounts from the electronic clearing account to the bank account. So you'll be back at the same place, you can't reconcile those transactions because no funds have been withdrawn from the bank. So you would be best leaving the payment method as cash or cheque.

Generally speaking if a director's wage is offsetting a loan account you would need to report this is your software. How this is done will depend on the set up of the director loan account so I would recommend speaking to the accountant about the applicable General Journal. You should be able to offset the wage amount in the bank reconcilation window so that you can reconcile the bank account and allocate the wage to the director loan account.

Can you clarify which reports the wages aren't showing up in? Once a payrun is recorded in AccountRight it is considered to be paid so you should see those wages in your MYOB payroll reports. If you are referring to the STP reports check that the director's employment basis is not set to Other as this will exclude them from STP reporting.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.