Reporting employee terminations to ATO

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Geoff-AHI
Trusted Cover User
36 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

36Posts

5Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reporting employee terminations to ATO

The ATO business portal is still including an employee for JobKeeper but we recorded their termination date in Employee Terminations in the Payroll Reporting Centre.

Is the problem that we haven't clicked on the Notify the ATO button?  What sort of report should be generated?

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Reporting employee terminations to ATO

Hi @Geoff-AHI 

Thanks for your post. Did you notify a finish fortnight in the Payroll reporting centre>>JobKeeper payments tab? If not, you will need to select the finish fortnight after the last JobKeeper payment was made and click on Notify the ATO.

If you did notify a finish fortnight, we are aware that the ATO are currently investigating a number of issues with JobKeeper. They do not know at present what the issues are being caused by but these have priority. We will update you when we have more information from the ATO.

We do recommend checking the correct JobKeeper information has been reported in the Summary of payments report (EOFY finalisation tab>>click on the ellipsis (...) for that employee and download). If so, the software is sending the correct data and you will need to contact the ATO with regard to the business portal.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Geoff-AHI
Trusted Cover User
36 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

36Posts

5Kudos

2Solutions

Thanks, Tracy.  I think the problem is that we hadn't recorded the finish fortnight.

We've done that now - FN16 - but when we generate the report for FN16 & FN17, the employee (who finished employment towards the end of FN16) doesn't appear for either.

Should we have entered FN17, being not the fortnight when the employee finished but the first fortnight when they shouldn't be in our claim?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Geoff-AHI 

As mentioned in my previous post you need to notify the finish fortnight after they received their last payment. So if your employee received their last payment in fortnight 16 you would notify FINISH-FN17.

To cancel that incorrect finish fortnight notification you will need to notify the matching start fortnight, ie START-FN16, as per the ATO's instructions:

• Incorrect finish FN (earlier) – if an earlier finish fortnight is incorrectly reported, cancel this entry via a matching start fortnight (cancel via matching start/finish fortnights) and report an additional later finish fortnight.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Geoff-AHI
Trusted Cover User
36 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

36Posts

5Kudos

2Solutions

That's all fixed now, thanks very much Tracy.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Glad to hear it's all fixed @Geoff-AHI , thanks for letting me know. And you're very welcome.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post