Single Touch Payroll Phase 2

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Teresa58
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll Phase 2

Hi,

Can we log on every time doing payroll and then log off the internet with MYOB or once uploaded does it have to stay uploaded?

Kind regards
Teresa

Ele
Trusted Cover User
99 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

99Posts

19Kudos

5Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Morning Teresa,

As I am only a user of MYOB AccountRight Plus AU 2022.9.0 / Build 2022.9.24.7350 , I cant really advise you.

However I can say that I was offline yesterday, processed my whole pay, went online and sent it to the ATO, then went offline immediately after.

I checked this morning and everything seems correct.

I can say that I have prepared for STP2 with all the changes from STP1 to STP2 done.

Its a bummer that Myob is not prepared to allow us to do the same (offline processing, online for upload only) for STP2.

ChrisMYOB
1,545 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,545Posts

0Kudos

173Solutions

Hello @Teresa58 

Your file will need to remain online while you are reporting, you will be unable to have the file offline and report through STP Phase 2.

If you take your file offline between Pays you are able to do so, however, this is not recommended.

Kind regards,
Chris

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Dustyne
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

This is really not a solution for us. Due to security issues we will ONLY keep our data inhouse and it will never be housed on an external webbased server.

We are an IT company and understand the issues surrounding keeping our data secure. I do not like that we have been forced down a path where our only option is to place our data "online" or change accounting packages.

I find it very poor that you will force users to place their confidential accounting and payroll data online - we do not want to end up like Optus or Medibank with data being traded on the dark web.

With MYOB having multiple businesses on their web servers it makes them a target of hackers.

I would hope that MYOB can find a solution to allowing their valuable customers to keep their data on their own servers.

Dustyne

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,015 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,015Posts

911Kudos

635Solutions

Hi @Dustyne 

There are many who can't or won't host their MYOB file online - something MYOB are insisting on for Phase 2 even though it is not an ATO requirement.

See my post here for an alternative - keep file offline and easily comply with STP Phase 2.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post