Unable to connect

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
aaromat
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Unable to connect

Hi there

I am unable to process out payroll because of an 'unable to connect' error.

There's been a problem connectin to AccountRight Live.

Possible causes include :

- an issue with your internet connection - it's not this as I have been able to upload a creditors payments file

- the company file is being upgraded or restored - it's not this either as I am not upgrading or restoring any file and there is nobody else who is accessing MYOB

- the AccountRight Live service is undergoing maintenance - I'd like to think that MYOB would only do that outside of working hours but on the off chance. I'm on hold with MYOB to find out if they are doing maintenance.

Bot, on the off chance that there is someone out there who has come across a similar issue and can help me - I am ever hopeful.

I have shut down and re-opened MYOB.  I have shut down and restarted my computer.   I have created a payments file and been able to upload that to the bank.

I need to record and pay these wages today - so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Linda

3 REPLIES 3
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: Unable to connect

Hi @aaromat 

Thank you for the details. We haven't had any AccountRight live service incidents reported today, currently there is no maintenance going either.

When working online with AccountRight Live, there is a minimum speed requirement. If the internet connection is unstable and drops below the minimum speed, you may be disconnected. Could you please check out the company file to work offline, are you able to record the payroll transactions? 

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

aaromat
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

13Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

After spending nearly 2.5hrs on the phone with MYOB yesterday, I had to re-process the payroll to fix the error.

MYOB help desk did some line testing and I saved a back up to my local drive and still couldn't process the payroll and create the bank file.  

In the end, they said that because we had created the payroll file, then went and made some changes to it and come back to process it, that was what had created the processing issue.  In the past we have been able to create the payroll file, check it and fix any mistakes that were found and then process it without any trouble.  It appears that the changes we made yesterday were not liked by the system.

While this isn't really a solution - it's what I will do in future if I am unable to process the payroll and get the same error message.

Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Hi @aaromat 

Thanks for your patience on this, I'm glad the help desk was able to work through this with you.  Has everything been resolved now? 

If your post has resolved please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help users find this information easier. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post