Forum Discussion

tony3
User
5 years ago
Solved

Accounting V14 does not have on the BAS any provision for PAYG 'T1, T2 etc..) How can this be resolved?

• Hi tony3 

Accounting v14 is an older version of the program, released back in 2004. As such due to its age I'm personally not familiar with it and the BAS capabilities of that. However, it would have been developed with the current reporting requirements at the time of that product i.e. if PAYG values are not required to be reported on the BAS back then the product would not be able to show those values (sorry unfamiliar with 15-year Australian reporting requirements).

In saying that, later versions of the product have an option when initially preparing the BAS (Accounts>>Prepare BAS/IAS>>Lodge Manually) to select BAS Info - top left of the Prepare Statement window  This will be were you can select the desired PAYG Instalment option, frequency and accounting basis to have those fields on the BAS worksheet.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi tony3 

Accounting v14 is an older version of the program, released back in 2004. As such due to its age I'm personally not familiar with it and the BAS capabilities of that. However, it would have been developed with the current reporting requirements at the time of that product i.e. if PAYG values are not required to be reported on the BAS back then the product would not be able to show those values (sorry unfamiliar with 15-year Australian reporting requirements).

In saying that, later versions of the product have an option when initially preparing the BAS (Accounts>>Prepare BAS/IAS>>Lodge Manually) to select BAS Info - top left of the Prepare Statement window  This will be were you can select the desired PAYG Instalment option, frequency and accounting basis to have those fields on the BAS worksheet.

• I have v14 on my system and in order to include the PAYG you need V14 PLUS so it has payroll. You should then be able to go to Setup, Company Information and click on the BAS info to customise your BAS. If this doesn't work, I find an Excel spreadsheet easy enough to setup to calculate the figures by looking at the various BAS, payroll, etc. reports. I also tend to use worksheets for each quarter and enter YTD figures that deduct the previous quarters to correct for any backdated adjustments that sometimes slip through when strict period closures are not in place. If you need STP, then do some research on the ATO website to find cheap or free options to use as the current MYOB is still have serious problems and is very expensive. 

Cheers

Robert