Forum Discussion

AXSHS
Partner
5 years ago
Solved

Changing accounting Method

One of my clients has changed GST reporting from Accrual to Cash basis. I have changed this in the MYOB data file, however when running cash reports there is no information to display, but there is for accrual reports.

What am I missing?

TIA

Chris

• Hi AXSHS 

Our teams have been investigating this and have found that it is caused by General Journals without a tax code in the first line. This problem does appear to surface with the 2019.4 release and our teams are investigating a permanent solution.

In the meantime you can resolve the issue by running the report for small date ranges until you narrow down the date(s) and locate the incorrect GJ. Once you have entered the missing tax code you should be able to run the GST (summary - cash) report. 

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please let me know if you have further issues.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AXSHS 

For the Cash reports to display data, you need to record the payments for transactions recorded in the software. 

The Accrual reports would display all the transactions even if they are not closed. However, Cash reports would only recognize the transactions for which payments have been applied.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions. 

AXSHS
      Partner

Hi Komal,

The transactions are there - they are not being reported in a cash report. 

I found another post where this was an issue - this was my response :

Hi Tracey,

I also have the same issue. I can get a report for GST Summary accrual, but not Cash for 1/10/2019-31/12/2019. I can however get an Cash report for 1/1/2020-6/1/2020?

This happens across data files

I have taken one data file offline as was suggested in another post to run the reports, but this does not work.

I have checked the build date

I have unistalled and deleted 2019.4 and reinstalled

All to no avail

Where to now?

TIA

Chris

Robert_Mitchell
        Valued User

I'm not sure if this applies in this case but I wonder whether the cash payments have been applied directly to the invoice as COD rather than as a separate receipt after the invoice is recorded. I have found this sometimes stuffs up the Cash GST reports.

Cheers

Robert