Help filling out G3 on BAS

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KGrove
Contributing User
22 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

22Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Help filling out G3 on BAS

I'm trying to fill out G3 on the BAS, but don't know which figure to use on the GST Cash Summary Report. Can you please help. I don't know the difference between Sales Value and Sales Purchase Value. Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Help filling out G3 on BAS

Hi @KGrove

Generally speaking the field G3 on your BAS is made up of GST-Free based sales. Typically, you would select a zero-rated tax code when setting up that field. However, I would strongly recommend speaking with an accountant or BAS expert should you require assistance with completing your BAS and need clarification on what values should be included in what field.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,040Kudos

569Solutions

Re: Help filling out G3 on BAS

@KGrove

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Do you use the BAS link feature?

The first thing you need to do is setup the BAS Info so that it will report correctly.

Accounts Command Centre go to Prepare BAS / IAS.

When the window opens click on lodge manually.

At the top is the BAS Info button click on that and enter the correct values for your BAS / IAS. If you are not sure check an existing BAS statement. Click OK.

Now choose the last month of the reporting period and the correct year, untick include year end adjustments and then click prepare statement.

As the BAS Link feature is opening there are some warning boxes - make sure you read and UNDERSTAND what they are about before going any further.

With the BAS feature open click on the setup box beside G1 - then choose the tax codes that relate to this area.

Do the same for all of the other setup boxes.

When you do wages make sure you include Salary Sacrifce in the Gross at W1.

Have a read of the BAS LINK FAQ's and use the onscreen help.

When completed you can check the amounts are correct by using the GST Summary report.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post