Forum Discussion

lmb1707
Partner
4 years ago
Solved

Lodging BAS IAS Online not working

Hi 

I have been attempting to lodge BAS & IAS online for 2 days.  I continually receive "We’re having some technical problems and can’t open this activity statement right now. Please try again later."

Regards

LB

• Hi lmb1707 

Can you please upgrade your file to 2020.3 and attempt to lodge your BAS/IAS? If this doesn't resolve the issue, download and install the Server Edition of 2020.3 and test again.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

35 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi lmb1707 

We have been receiving a few reports from other users with this issue. If you use payroll categories, the cause most likely is any General Journal without a tax code in the first line. Please try the following and let me know how you go:

1) Run GST Detail report and check if that is getting displayed without any issues.

2) If you get any error messages while running the report for selected date range, narrow down the date that the transaction actually is in by selecting smaller date ranges on the GST Detail Report until you narrow it down to one day. Find the General Journal and enter in missing tax code if general journal is within file current financial year. 

3) Run the report again and if it displays fine, try to lodge BAS.

If the above mentioned workaround does not work for you, please send us your serial number by a Private Message as further investigation is being done on this issue.

lmb1707
      Partner

Hi Tracey

I have run detailed GST Detailed report without error.  I attempted to lodge BAS only to be advised "We’re having some technical problems and can’t open this activity statement right now. Please try again later."  This was on the log in screen.

Regards

Liana

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi lmb1707 

Can you please upgrade your file to 2020.3 and attempt to lodge your BAS/IAS? If this doesn't resolve the issue, download and install the Server Edition of 2020.3 and test again.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

• Having exactly the same issue and have upgraded to 2020.3 with no luck. Still cant lodge my BAS

Naring
    Experienced Cover User

Ivé been getting the same problem for the past week, most frustrating