Forum Discussion

Cell
Contributing User
4 years ago
Solved

Operation Timeout on GST Reports

I am using AccountRight version 2020.4 and am constanting getting the following message when trying to display a GST report.

Operation Timeout

An application operation has timed out.  Would you like to retry the operation.

From previous posts it was my understanding that this was going to be fixed in the 2020.4 version.

• Hi Cell 

Can I get you to close AccountRight completely and then sign back into that company file and see if you can run the report? That diagnostic log shows that the connection was closed, closing and re-opening AccountRight will re-establish that connection.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Cell 

Thanks for your post. A timeout error is typically caused by AccountRight being asked to process more information than it can handle in a particular timeframe. In some instances this error can be overcome by reducing the amount of information being processed, such as using a smaller date range.

Additionally you may also want to apply the timeout extender. This is designed to extend the amount of time AccountRight  allows before throwing a timeout error.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cell
      Contributing User

Hi Tracey

I applied the timeout extender and it is still timing out and not displaying the report.

As this is for BAS and the only for three months, surely this new version should be able to handle the date range.

I tried to open a different report (Bank Register) for the same date range and it opened with no problems.

I tried to open a GST report with a small date range (1 month) and it also would not open.

I had not experienced this issue in 2020.3 version.

Please help.

Cell

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Cell 

Are you able to run that report for smaller periods, like a week? When you attempt to run the report and it fails can you please provide the diagnostic log so that I can investigate.