Forum Discussion

4 years ago
Solved

Voluntary Witholiding

Hello,

I'm struggling to get the Voluntary Witholding 20% (under the agreement we have in place with the contractor concerned) to report under "Tax Withheld" on the TPAR - it shows 0%. I've set up the relevant MYOB account as the VWH tax code, and still no joy

• Hello,

I'm struggling to get the Voluntary Witholding 20% (under the agreement we have in place with the contractor concerned) to report under "Tax Withheld" on the TPAR - it shows 0%. I've set up the relevant MYOB account as the VWH tax code, and still no joy

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello,

• Hi Uniexpress 

Thanks for your post. I would recommend speaking to your accountant about the reporting of Voluntary Withholding on the TPAR. From the information I've found on the ATO website, VWH should be reported as a PAYG Withholding payment: 

Report pay as you go (PAYG) withholding payments in your PAYG withholding annual report or through single touch payroll, not your TPAR. Examples include payments to:

• employees
    • workers engaged under a voluntary agreement to withhold
    • workers engaged under a labour-hire or on-hire arrangement. This includes a labour hire firm that hires workers under a labour-hire arrangement to provide services.

Please let me know if you need further help or if I have misunderstood your question.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.