Forum Discussion

Lily_SFP
Contributing User
2 months ago

User access

Hi, I have encountered issue with access to a external user, i.e. Accountant. The user has been established a while  ago. And they had been able to accessed our compay file. Recently, they could not access the file. 

I have tried removed the access and re-invite them unsuccessfully. 

I then attempted to delete the id, then adding them freshly but received an error message (attached). 

Please help.

Thanks

Lily 

6 Replies

Lily_SFP
    Contributing User

Much appreciated Shella for your replied email 

However, the issue that I have encountered is not for changing user profile but re-adding an existing (not new user) accountant, whose access has been set a while ago and has never been changed. As due for some reason, the accountant has lost his access and requesting me to reinviting him. 

I have the aministrator role for the company file. But could not to reinviting the accountant's access, but received system message saying that his email has already exsited in the system. 

Thanks,

Lily 

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Lily_SFP,

Thanks for your response.

To re-invite a user to your company file so they can have access, you may need to check first if their existing user ID is still in file under user access window. To do this, go to Setup > User Access. Under 'Manage Users' window, look for the user ID that was used by the user. Once found, click the recycle bin icon to delete the existing user ID and then create a new one to invite them. More information regarding your concern can be found in the Help Article: Invite a user to an online file.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

Lily_SFP
        Contributing User

Thanks Doreen for taking the time responding to my question. However, I have done all the steps per stated in your response. I dd advise about this in my first request but was given a procedure to how to delete and re-instate a user. 

Upon delelting (again) the user, I received an error code (also attached) saying: "Error deleting user. An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response to https: .............. See server logs for more details"

Please investigate. 

Regards, Lily