Forum Discussion

jsweld
Experienced User
10 months ago

MYOB Advanced - Construction package

Hi 

We are about to pay a lot of money for the MYOB Advanced - Construction package.

I can't see any reviews on it from actual businesses who are using it. We currently use the standard AccountRight.

If your business uses this, can you please indicate your likes and dislikes of the package and anything else we should know.

Thank you.

4 Replies

H-TS
    Trusted User

jsweld 

Did you end up going with this product? We're looking into it at the moment too...

jsweld
      Experienced User

Hi 

At this stage I can't really recommend MYOB Advanced one way or the other, because we are only just starting to use it after a 6-7 month set up process and we haven't yet done a full month's transactions and it's still not finished being set up 100%.

The third party developers/trainers we used are great and knowledgable and work hard to get it up and running and train us,  but the MYOB Advanced program/app itself has a very similar feel to older accounting systems I used in the 90's and early 2000's and does not let you edit on the fly, if you make an error everything must be reversed and done again, that is a big annoying step backwards.

It's not "Advanced" in the sense it's faster and more efficient, it's the opposite. However it can do more consolidated tasks than AccountRight which is what we needed for our growing manufacturing and construction business. We use Thrive as the developers who are good. It's an expensive base product plus ongoing licence fees of $500 per month. Two admin based people can not log into the one user licence at the same time, therefore each person needs their own licence, they get you at every angle financially.  However non-admin workers can be on one licence only to enter time sheets via the phone app but they can't do any other functions. Once we are up and running and have used it a few months I can give a further review on if it's worth it or not.

H-TS
        Trusted User

Thanks jsweld 

I really appreciate the reply. Good luck with the remainder of the implementation.