Is anyone using the .NET SDK?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
kjm
Trusted Cover User
160 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

160Posts

14Kudos

2Solutions

Is anyone using the .NET SDK?

starting to think noone is using the .NET SDK. I have been using it successfully for our inhouse app which queries a networked MYOB file. Given STP2 I have to be online wirh the file I am looking at moving online and have found what I belive to be a bug in the authentication module of the .NET SDK

I posted here earlier but noone has bothered replying so I am posting maybe a more straightforward question
Is anyone authenticating using the .NET SDK? - MYOB Community

I have looked at the code on github and it looks like the intention is to get the access code and and provide the accesstoken in return but as it does not (and I have built my own class to retrieve the access tokens and it works just fine) it leads me to belive there is a bug and also leads me to belive noone is using it?? is this correct?? is there anyone using the .NET SDK for their access to myob file online? pls look at my post above for more details of my calls

5 REPLIES 5
PhilWherrett
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Is anyone using the .NET SDK?

We are using the .NET SDK.  Just like you we've been using it with an on-premises datafile, but are now needing to move online so as so support STP Phase 2.

We are only just embarking on this process, so haven't yet attempted to implement the OAuth 2.0 authentication so unable to answer your question.  However, from reading information about the process, it appears that the implementation forces user interaction as part of the authentication flow.  This is not going to work for us as we have console apps that run as a service each night to extract data into a SQL data warehouse.

I am waiting to hear back from support as to whether there is a client credential flow supported that will allow for authentication without user interaction.

I will post here on what I find.

kjm
Trusted Cover User
160 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

160Posts

14Kudos

2Solutions

take it your're talking about RFC 6749: The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework (rfc-editor.org)

Let me know how you get on. I'd be interested in something similar as we have console apps running overnihgt as well
@PhilWherrett 

PhilWherrett
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

It's looking like the only flow MYOB support is the Authorization Code Grant Flow which requires user interaction.

I am surpised that a Client Credential Grant Flow has not been provided.

I'll post back if I make any headway....

kjm
Trusted Cover User
160 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

160Posts

14Kudos

2Solutions

@PhilWherrett 

this confuses me "I am surpised that a Client Credential Grant Flow has now been provided."

-are you saying that MYOB allows this and has provided  a way to do this?

PhilWherrett
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry - I meant to say NOT been provided.  My bad :-(

I've editted my post so it is accurate.

Didn't find your answer here?