Accountant end of year entries

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Canuck
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Accountant end of year entries

I'm using accountedge in Canada which is MYOB. I have never had this problem till this year. The system is telling me that I can't post entries into a previous year.   I have no idea why it's doing this. There is no locked period set up. I don't know a bookkeeping program that doesn't allow journal entries and I'm working with programs that aren't near as good as MYOB and they don't have a problem allowing journal entries in previous years. Does anyone know why it's giving me this message. 

1 REPLY 1
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,041 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,041Posts

915Kudos

640Solutions

Re: Accountant end of year entries

Hi @Canuck 

Most likely because (like almost every other version of MYOB since year dot) that version does not allow entries to prior year.

MYOB have been around for over 30 years and has never allowed this. Once you start a new year, the previous year is locked off.  It is only in the last 2 years with the latest version in Aust that MYOB now allows entries to prior years. Things might be different in your region. 

See current year setting under Setup > Company Information.

You would need to restore a backup, process, generate reports etc, them make compensating adjustments in your current file - best to discuss this with your accountant.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post