GST

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Eric2023
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

GST

I am starting a business of products imported from Peru. I have some queries:

- When I create an import purchase order through myob the amounts are "Tax inclusive" or "Tax exclusive". This means that the payment will be transferred from an Australian bank account to another bank account in another country.
- I should record the purchase invoice in myob that the foreign supplier gives me for future GST payment and the record will be with "Tax inclusive" or "Tax exclusive".

Thanks,

Eric

1 REPLY 1
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,421 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,421Posts

118Kudos

276Solutions

Re: GST

Hi @Eric2023,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!  Thanks for the detailed information and my apologies for the late response. 

When you create an import purchase order through MYOB, it's important to specify whether the amounts are "Tax inclusive" or "Tax exclusive" to accurately reflect the tax treatment of the transaction. Since you mentioned that the payment will be transferred from an Australian bank account to another bank account in another country, here's how the tax treatment typically works:

Tax Inclusive: If the amounts on your purchase order are "Tax inclusive," it means that the prices you've entered already include the applicable taxes (such as GST in Australia). In this case, the total amount on the purchase order reflects both the cost of the goods/services and the tax amount.

• When you record the payment, it's essential to ensure that the payment amount corresponds to the total amount on the purchase order. This payment will be made from your Australian bank account.

Tax Exclusive: If the amounts on your purchase order are "Tax exclusive," it means that the prices you've entered do not include taxes. In this case, you'll need to separately calculate and account for the tax amount when making the payment.

• After you receive the invoice or bill for the imported goods/services, you'll need to calculate the tax amount (e.g., GST) based on the tax rate applicable in Australia.
  • When you make the payment, the payment amount should cover the cost of the goods/services plus the calculated tax amount.

I would also recommend to consult with your accountant or tax advisor for specific guidance on how to handle tax-related matters when making international payments.

Kind regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post