My Current year says 2022 how do I correct it

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
tuiterina
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

My Current year says 2022 how do I correct it

Hi I an incorrect financial year and I don't know how to change it?

8 REPLIES 8
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Re: My Current year says 2022 how do I correct it

Hi @tuiterina,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum.

Thank you for flagging this to us. In this regard, I understand that you have an incorrect year showing on your financial year which is 2022. Can you please confirm if you want to start a new financial year? Should you want to close the financial year so you do match up the actual financial year that we are currently in, you would go to your Business Name menu >> Business Settings >> Start the new financial year in the financial year section. Note that it is not possible to roll back the financial year. However, you can still enter transactions in the prior year. If you have selected a lock date, you must deselect the option to prevent changes before that.  

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with and I'm happy to assist you further. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

tuiterina
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for that I started a new financial year now it says 1 Jul 2022 to 30 Jun 2023 is this correct or do I start a new financial year so it is 2004 1 July 2023 - 30 June 2024? Am I two years behind?

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @tuiterina,

Thank you for getting back to us and providing an update on the issue. We are glad that you are now starting a new financial year. In this matter, for 2023, it needs to be 2023 - 2024 this is our current financial year. If you start the financial year for 2024 it will show 2024-2025. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance with this. I am happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

tuiterina
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Oops I made a mistake I have changed 1 Jul 2024 to 30 Jun 2025 which is 2025 but I can't change it back to  1Jul 2023 to Jun 2024

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @tuiterina,

Thank you for always providing an update. I understand that you made a mistake in entering your financial year 2024-2025, we do apologize, but once you entered the financial year you were not able to roll back to the previous financial year. The best recommendation for this is to create a new file and delete the old file to be able to fix your financial year to the current financial year.  

Cheers, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

tuiterina
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

How do I create a new file and will it affect my existing one

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @tuiterina,

Thank you for providing an update. To further assist you with this, kindly check your inbox. I have sent you a private message asking for some information on your account so we can investigate. Kindly provide the information. 

Thanks, 

Cel.

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @tuiterina,

We would like to follow up with the necessary details to help you resolve the issue. Please let us know if you still require assistance, we are more than happy to help. 

Thanks

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post