Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Bank Reconciliation unbalanced since upgrade.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SurroundFencing 

Thank you for your post, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum, I hope you find it a valuable resource.

I am sorry that you had that experience. The best recommendation for this is that, you just need to undo the reconciliations to where the out-of-balance occurs, and then redo the reconciliations. 

Let me know how you go and if you require further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel

• Hi Cel,

Thank you for your email.  Unfortunately, the ‘new’ program reveals that my bank recs are unbalanced for years.  I have even tried to ‘dummy’ transactions just so I can complete my reports however, I cannot post any transactions relating to ‘pre-upgrade’ months.

I think ‘undoing’ my previously balanced reconciliations has made the matter harder to resolve.  I am now so frustrated that brain fog has set in making it impossible for me to work out how to fix the problem.  A problem that I believe I should not be responsible for repairing!!

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi SurroundFencing 

We appreciate your patience in getting back to us and providing information on your experience and sorry to hear of the inconvenience you are experiencing. 

When you're reconciling a bank account, an out of balance amount tells you that something isn't quite right. So you just need to work out what's gone wrong.  It might be because of an unsaved reconciliation in your old MYOB essentials since the out of balance happened after the upgrade. or this also can be caused by a problem in your current reconciliation or a previous reconciliation. 

You can check on this Help Article includes the steps and more information on having an out-of-balance. And I recommend checking on your accountant. 

Fixing out of balance bank reconciliation

Check your MYOB Business after upgrading

Please let me know how you go, and if you still require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best Regards, 

Cel