6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Can't edit transaction in current financial year

Hi 

I am trying to edit a transaction from Oct 2023 (current financial year). I am trying to change a job number allocation for a receive money transaction but it does not allow it as it states I'm not allowed to edit in the previous financial year.   I've removed lock date and it is current financial year - see screenshots below

Please help

Johncant edit.jpglock date.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,919 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,919Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: Can't edit transaction in current financial year

Hi @EARMS

Thank you for the post. I apologize for the delayed response. 

The error message you're encountering typically appears when a 'spend money' transaction is part of an electronic payment. To resolve this, you'll need to delete the electronic payment before you can delete the 'spend money' transaction. The same process applies to 'receive money' transactions, where you'll need to delete the bank deposit before deleting the transaction, especially if it's coded to the undeposited funds.

If you're finding it challenging to follow these steps, could you please confirm which MYOB product you're using? This will help us provide more specific guidance.

Please note that once a transaction is deleted in MYOB, there isn't a recovery function. If a transaction is deleted in error, the only way to recover it is to reenter the transaction. Your accounting advisor should be able to assist with this if you're unsure of how it should look.

We're here to help, so if you have any other questions or need further clarification, please don't hesitate to ask.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
Genreve

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post