Create Multiple sales invoice allocation issue

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jacky_Kelly
Experienced Partner
12 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

12Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Create Multiple sales invoice allocation issue

New Essentials - why would only some of a value of a sales invoice payment to multiple invoices (ie customer pays multiple invoices one deposit amount)  not show up in the bank its allocated to?   Still allowing me to allocate all the invoices in the payment- but when go to reconcile in bank - its only showing up part of the value, and as separate invoice values.   So it show invoice payment with its reference - but not all the value.  So bank is out when I go to reconcile. 

Why?   Is there a particular setting Im missing? 

Oh it appers to be random as well - is it a bug?  

I had to individually do payments for each invoice to get them all to get bank to reconcile

3 REPLIES 3
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Create Multiple sales invoice allocation issue

Hi @Jacky_Kelly 

Sorry to see that no one has offered assistance with your query.

So I can have some further context into what is occurring - you mentioned some of the payment to multiple invoices is not showing up in the bank it's allocated to - is that payment being received automatically through the Bank Rules or Online Invoice feature? Or are you selecting Match Transaction and choosing the invoice?

It would help if you could provide screenshots of what is occurring, then I will be able to reproduce the situation to assist you further.  

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Jacky_Kelly
Experienced Partner
12 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

12Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Samara

I dont have screen shots, and so far doesnt seem to have occured again.   Was painful as client gets paid mulipal invoices in one remittance.    I will take screen shots if it does occure again.   Just seemed really weird.  

Jacky_Kelly
Experienced Partner
12 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

12Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Samara 

Just to clarify multiple invoices were paid as one payment via invoice payment screen, multiple invoices to match to the total for the deposit - then matched that entry in bank feeds.   So that went OK   

But then only PART of the payment is appearing in the bank reconciliation screen - only some invoices appeared - not all, AND those that appeared all were listed separately - in the bank reconciliation screen - despite being one payment transaction

Couldnt do Recap transaction in Essentials / Business to try and see what the hell was going on with DR and CR, so had to un pay each invoice and then pay each invoice separately via a Contra bank account then allocate the bank feed transaction to the Contra account to get them in and clear AR and bank.  

So no bank Rules or Online invoices or Match transaction involved

If it occurs again will take screen shots

regards

Jacky

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post