How to undo recent transaction allocations

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
HamAutos
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

How to undo recent transaction allocations

Hi all,

My accountant allocated around 16 unallocated transactions without checking with me. They've been allocated into wrong accounts and we both don't know which ones those 16 unallocated trasactions were so that we can both correct and allocate them to their respective accounts. 
Is there any way we can undo recent allocations (history or whatever)? so that they come back to what they were i.e. 16 unallocated trasactions...

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: How to undo recent transaction allocations

Hi @HamAutos 

A user can unallocate transactions if necessary from with MYOB Business. This is done by going to the Banking>>Bank transactions>>Ensuring that the status is All transactions (or allocated), ticking the appropriate transactions before selecting Unallocate button (this will appear once a transaction has been selected). 

Please note: You would have to know the transactions you wish to unallocate using the above method, there is no undo recent allocations option. If you are unsure what transactions were recently allocated it would be a matter of going through the transactions to check their coding to ensure that they are as intended.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

HamAutos
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Yes, I know all about undoing transactions in that way. However, there were 16 unallocated transactions which have been there for some time. These 16, I don't know or remember which one was which. Therefore, I was looking for an easier way to unallocate recent transactions.

Regards,

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @HamAutos 

As indicated, in that situation it would be a matter of going through the transactions that have been allocated and seeing if they have been allocated as you would have liked. The reason is there is no direct way to see which transactions have been recently allocated.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post