Forum Discussion

Jessie-L
Contributing User
6 months ago

Matching/allocating online invoice payment

Hi everyone, I know this question has been asked before but I'm not able to find the correct answer and have spent hours searching. I'm using MYOB Essentials.

When a client pays an invoice online which includes a surcharge, MYOB assigns the payment to the correct invoice (as expected) and therefore marks it as paid so there's no issues there, but it doesn't match the transaction on my bank feeds. How do I do this?

On my first attachment I have a screenshot of three transactions in the last quarter that I'm referring to. For argument sake I'll just use the top payment of $9,462.31

Total invoice $9,295.00

Total surcharge fees $167.31

If I go to "Allocate Me" and select "Match Transaction" the correct invoice does not show up in the drop down at all and I'm guessing this is because MYOB has marked it as paid. If I go to the filter and click "show closed invoices" and try to match the payment that way including adding the surcharge as an "adjustment" it comes up "this payment will create a $9,295.00 credit which is obviously not what I want (screenshot 2).

If I go to "Allocate Transaction" and select the payer from the drop down, again, nothing comes up. Why can I not assign this bank feed transaction to the correct invoice without creating a double payment? Surely there has to be an easy way to assign these payments correctly and/or something that I've overlooked.

Thanks in advance for the help.

11 Replies

BexR
    Experienced User

I have had the same issue and only since November of last year as the previous invoices could be matched.

Did you get any help?

Jessie-L
      Contributing User

Hi there,

I really wish I could help you out more as it has been incredibly frustrating for me (and others).  I have had a few of these transactions from last year that I've just had to leave for my Accountant to deal with, but I have also noticed that since the start of the year, most of them have been recorded accurately by MYOB. 

Unfortunately I've had zero help from MYOB and the last couple of quarters last year is when I started having issues as well.  I spent over a month going back and forth with MYOB support and the only advice I received from them was what I'm sure you've already come across, which is:

- Making sure 'Automatically match bank transactions to MYOB bills and invoices' is turned on.

- Checking the account you've allocated to receive fees and surcharges into is the correct one.  For example (as I'm sure it would be for most people) I just have the one account (cheque account) that I spend and receive money from.  I have found that even after doing this, some of these payments are allocated to the 'undeposited funds account' and I've had to manually change this.

So that may be worth checking out.

I've attached some pics of how these online payments with credit card surcharges should look.

The first pic is how the transaction should be allocated by MYOB.  An entry for payment of the invoice and a seperate entry for the surcharge (the reference number will have an S at the end of it).

Second and third pics are a further example of the above.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

BexR
        Experienced User

Thanks so much.

I have been advised to open the reconcile window to uncheck the closed invoice but a bug is stopping the window opening. So,, apparently that is a known issue and they are working on it...