Forum Discussion

7 months ago
Solved

Matching partial payments to one invoice

Hi,

I have a client who has made part payments towards one invoice.  How do I allocate those payments to the one invoice?  I thought I was doing the right thing but MYOB is still showing that the whole amount is owing.

TIA

• Hi Busy_Mum,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find it a great source of information.

If you've received partial payments towards an invoice, you should properly allocate the payments to the invoice to ensure accurate accounting. If you've already made payments but the system still shows the full amount as owing, it might be due to not recording the payments correctly. You can record full or partial payments through the receive payments window. Please refer to this Help article that has detailed information to assist with this.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to help.

Cheers,

Princess

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Busy_Mum,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find it a great source of information.

If you've received partial payments towards an invoice, you should properly allocate the payments to the invoice to ensure accurate accounting. If you've already made payments but the system still shows the full amount as owing, it might be due to not recording the payments correctly. You can record full or partial payments through the receive payments window. Please refer to this Help article that has detailed information to assist with this.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this. I'm happy to help.

Cheers,

Princess

• Hi Busy_Mum,

I hope you've had a wonderful day! I would like to check back with you regarding the concern you recently posted to see if this issue has been resolved. Please feel free to reply to this message if you require any further assistance. I'd be more than happy to help you. Otherwise, if my response has answered your query, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess