Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Duplicate transactions - Essentials

Experienced User

20Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

20 Posts
Experienced User
New
New

Hello

I have noticed I have made several double up entries of incoming payments to our business. They are still sitting in reconcilliation page. Am I able to just delete these entries?

Also, there are entries that I do not think I have made on the dates they are against, are these carry overs from earlier, and can I just delete these as well. When I reconcile each month there are usually not any still left there for the month until I look later and they appear.

Thanks in advance

Leesa

3 Comments
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Chaimyob

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about the duplicate transactions in your reconciliation screen. The reconcile accounts screen shows ledger recorded transactions. You could delete these transactions as pleased, as long as they are not within a lock period. If you are unsure when and who recorded these transactions, I recommend checking the Journal Security Audit report, this would show when and who created these ledger transactions. 

You can read through this article, Business Reports. To know more about the Journal Security Audit report and other reports available. 

Thanks,
Genreve

Chaimyob
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

Thank you Genreve

I have gone through the transactions and cross referenced them with my bank statement. Why would there be entries on day in the reconciation section date that are not in my bank statements on that date? Where have they come from? These then are not duplicate and have been carried over from somewhere else. How do I get rid of these. I am concerned if I delete those ones they may be linked to a previous entry?

Thanks in advance

Leesa

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Chaimyob

Thanks for responding. 

You can check who recorded and when the transactions are recorded by using the Journal Security Audit report. The only option to remove them from the reconcile accounts screen is to delete them. Unfortunately, I can't advise if you can delete these transactions as I don't have insight into how these transactions are connected to your business. 

I recommend seeking help from a financial advisor regarding this. 

Feel free to let us know if you require any other assistance.

Thanks,

Genreve