Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Statements: Include logos and bank detials

User

3Posts

154Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
User
Australia

Statements in myob live look disgusting, Need to add Logos and bank details at least

"Customizing statements"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: October 2017

Hi Everyone

Thank you all for showing your support for this idea

We are pleased to announce that company logos and how to pay information (similar to invoices) will be included on MYOB Essentials statements. This is along with a new look Statements page.

For more information please see MYOB Essentials Blog Article: Try the new and improved customer statements today

96 Comments
Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Tracye and @evolution,

Firstly, thank you for your comments.

We are sorry to hear that MYOB Essentials has not quite lived up to your expectations. Given that MYOB Essentials was meant to be a simple, straightforward accounting program, it does lack the extra features and range of reporting options that are available in a more complex product like AccountRight. Having said that, due to the increased popularity of MYOB Essentials, we are looking into extending what the product is currently able to offer, and do appreciate your comments as they give us a better idea of what it is our clients are wanting to see added.

We do ask that others who would like to see MYOB Essentials offer the ability to customise statements vote for this idea by clicking on the '+ VOTE' option next to the subject heading, and leaving a comment if you wish.

Cheers,

Tallie

Lynley1
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have just been looking how to customize the customer statement, and am staggered  to learn that at present this can't be done.  I am happy with the way the  invoice layout looks, - but the statement - two words. "VERY ORDINARY." I love everything about using MYOB online. However the statements are an embarassment.  It's like a guy dressing up in a tuxedo and wearing a pair of thongs with it. Please give us the ability to cutomize the statement ASAP.

KristinS
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I am very confused as to why the statements currently do not have a due date.  The only thing listed is date of issue.  My arrangements with customers means that there are several months included in statements; some invoices may be due at the end of November and others December.  There is no way to tell the difference on the statement.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @KristinS

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials and statements.

I have merged your idea and comments with this one already included on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Lynley1

Thank you for your comments in regards to MYOB Essentials and statements

I have moved your comments to this idea which directly refers to the customising of statements.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @LegalPlumb

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB Essentials and Statements

I have merged your idea with this one already included on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange.

paulhowlett27
9 Posts
User

I'm surprised that there are literally no options for the Customer Statatements.

At the very least it should default to using the Trading Name (rather than business name) and the Postal Address (rather than the Street Address) and use the logo provided.

A client requested that we provide detailed statements, listing out all the payments made. I'm sure the client wants to check that we haven't missed a payment that they've made, but we currently have no way of doing that.

Taygars
1 Post
User

I'm feeling very disappointed that I changed to MYOB Essentials! The statements don't even show our trading name, and don't fit in window envelopes!

This was supposed to be an upgrade, but has been a major downgrade on the program I have been using for the past 5 years.

Surely if the Invoices can be customised, the program can be adjusted to customise the statements as well. The replies stating that this is an extra feature available on the more complex programs seems like a ploy to get businesses to pay more. 

Reading back through the comments, this has been requested for 3 years and MYOB have been working on it. This is a basic feature which should be available on all programs. 

Wilf
2 Posts
Cover User

Just showing the invoice details in the statement would be good but it looks like it is going to be a while before anything happens.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Taygars

Essentials Accounting is a simple accounting product, which provides the core accounting functions and the convenience of easy access via smart phones or tablets at anywhere and any time. Compared to the desktop software AccountRight/AccountEdge products, I'm afraid you will find Essentials Accounting doesn't have as many customisations and advanced features. 

However our developers are keen to improve Essentials' functionality in the future, thank you for your feedback and your vote, the number of votes will also help our developers to prioritise their work. If you have further suggestions on how you wish to customise statements, please feel free to let us know.