Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Find Transactions: Ability to search for quotes

Cover User

5Posts

50Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User
Australia

In the previous 19.6 version i could locate a quote using the find transaction icon.

in the new online version i can do this for orders and invoices but not quotes.

I recieve now a lot of sales confirmations via email and often the customer sending the deposit or confirmation information is not the same customer listed on the quote, so it is important to have the quote number which is normally in the subject line, if they simply hit reply.

the only way i can find the job is to type in this number.  now i must find quotes in the sales register and as such if it is a month or to ago, this can provoke a lengthy time consuming search.

can you re-enstate the finding of quotes from find transactions please.

keith Phasey

Managing Director

NT Blinds

"Find transactions - quotes"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2012

Great idea submission Keith. It's great to no only understand your idea but also why other options, such as using the register, just doesn't meet your needs.

May I also suggest trying the Sales Register Detail report. You can customise this report to only show for a specfic Invoice/Order/Quote #. Once you have the report displayed on screen, you can then zoom into the required transaction.

I have also registered your suggestion to provide a means to easily search for a specific Order or Quote #. Thank you for the feedback.

36 Comments
peterk
Experienced Partner
28 Posts
Experienced Partner

here we are in 2015, and MYOB is still unable to search for quotes.

This post-2012 version of Account Right is without doubt the most retrograde version I have seen since I started using MYOB in 1995.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @peterk 

Thank you for your comments and feedback in regards to the AccountRight Live range and searching for quotes.

As you have mentioned currently AccountRight 2014.4* doesn't have the ability to search for quotes via the Find Transaction Window. This idea which has been made and forwarded to the development team is to readd that functionality back into the AccountRight Live range. Along with commenting I would encourage you to vote for this idea using the +Vote button next to the Ideas name. The voting for an idea is a key function of the AccountRight Ideas Exchange as it gives us a clear indication of the number of users that have requested the idea.  The more votes an idea has the more in demand the idea is and therefore the strong chance it will get implemented.

Once again thank you for your comments and feedback I have shared them with the team.

*which is the latest version of the program at time of writing

peterk
Experienced Partner
28 Posts
Experienced Partner

As to "Voting", why does everything have to be done a la facebook - Like, or not.

Why does the majority have to rule, when in the past, a Good Idea was generally implemented because of its worth, not because a lot of people liked it.

Value and worth will always win out ourt over mob-rule.

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes, I agree @peterk .

It's all around the wrong way and I've been trying to tell MYOB that.

Not many ideas have more than 50 votes and probably 90% of their millions of customers wouldn't have a clue that the idea exchange exists...

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @peterk & @Kelly81 

Thank you for your feedback.

As explained voting for an idea for an idea on the Ideas Exchange is a good indication of who and how many MYOB Community Forum members think its a good idea. It is up to the user if they wish to vote of not, so we do encourage user who has commented to vote for an idea.  This is due to the fact that the higher number of votes for a particular idea the greater the need therefore the more weight it does have so that the development team can look into implementing ahead of others with lesser votes. This doesn't mean that an idea with no votes will not get a implemented, each and every idea is presented to the team.

Once again thank you for your feedback I have shared it with the team.

DeeRoss
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree, the function of searching for Quotes via the find transaction window needs to come back, please!

I vote for its return!

Thanks

Doris

DeeRoss
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi All,

Our Company has been using Myob for over a decade now, updating to the newer versions when needed as the company has grown, and we have just been upgraded form AccountRight Premium V19.10 to AccountRight on line version.

One aspect we work with continuously every day, and rely on the functionality of, is finding quotes.  Whether they be to changed to orders or finding out other sorts of information from them that is needed.

AccountRight Premium allowed us to search for quotes from the "Find Transaction" window.  We would instantly know if an invoice number was alloted to a quote or order/invoice. 

The lack of this function has caused high frustration levels!

When enquiring re this function, this is the answer received:

This funcion is no longer available in the online version of Myob. 

As far as being able to view and select transactions this feature has not changed between AccountRight Live and version 19. You are correct that if you entered the quote number in v19 into the Find Transactions drop down it would show the dollar amount and confirm that a quote existed, but you could not select and interact with that quote from this section. We have used this funtion for over a decade and were able to select either quote/order/invoice and interact with it!
In AccountRight Live however it just does not show these under the Find Transactions window at all. The reasoning behind this is that quotes simply aren't transactions and should not appear on this screen. They can still fully be accessed using the Sales Register section of AccountRight. They may not be a current transaction, but needs to be able to be traced with the ease of the previous versions of the program!

I do not understand why this function would be removed?

I would hazard a guess that we are not the only company using Myob to trace works by quote numbers its what the customer would refer to when wanting a job done!

Considering that the majority of works begin from a quote,  which in turn become an order (job ticket for us) and then finally gets invoiced out all under the same number, why disable the ability to find the original quote??

There are occasions where the works carried out have variations to the original quote and needs to be traced.

Our company relys heavily on the quote side of the program as our client base consists of almost 5000 customers.  A large number of our clients also have a high number of contacts which can make it difficult to track down a quote via a customer's company name alone.

Also the reoccuring transaction section, when using a reoccuring sale, which we often use as quotes go to more than one company, all of the account numbers must be re eneted be for the quote will save.

This is also very frustrating.

Please can you look at reinstating the functionality of searching for quotes in the find transaction window and also the retention of account numbers in the reoccuring transactions.

Thank you.

Doris

P.S.  how does one vote ??

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DeeRoss 

Thank you for feedback in regards to AccountRight and the searching of quotes.

Currently quotes are not able to be searched in the Find transactions window.  However this idea has been created in a drive to get it back included in the program. Along with commenting, I would recommend you show your support by voting for the idea. You can vote for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange using the + vote button to the left of the vote's name.

Thank you for your feedback I have shared it with the team.

DeeRoss
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Steven,

Just another quick update re trying to find quotes - as we have only just upgraded to the online version, we are still finding idiosyncrasies between Premium V19.10 to AccountRight on line version.  We use the PC desktop version.

We run a seperate spreadsheet for Quote/Invoice numbers so that we can keep track of what numbers we are up to.  If by accident another one of us uses a quote number that has already been issued and MYOB throws up that that number has already been used in the system, it then involves a search for which client that number has been assigned to.  The only way a quote can be found is if you know the client and the client contact name or have the quote window open and search by quote number, which when you have an extremely large amount of quotes can take some time.

Even though a Quote is not a transaction, it WILL on many occasions become an order and not having the function to find quotes easily is time consuming and extremely frustrating. 

I am sure that there are many more MYOB customers that would greatly appreciate the return of being able to find quotes from  the find transaction window ASAP... we use it EVERY DAY!

Thanks

Doris

P.S... wish one could vote more than once to get things back Smiley Happy

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DeeRoss 

Thank you for your expanded comments.

I've actually thought of a temporary workaround for you. Run the Reports>>Sales>>Sale Register Detial [All Sales]. Make sure you change the Sale Status to be All Sales or Quotes and then select Additional filters add in the ID to the From ID and To ID. You would then select Run Report to rbing up the transaction which in turn can be clicked on if required.

Attachments - Copy.PNG