Scallop
Cover User
11 years ago
Open

Forms: Invoices - Commercial invoice

Subject : Commercial Invoice
Description: I am requesting that MYOB add a Commercial Invoice Template - I have live chat with MYOB support and MYOB do not currently have a Commercial Invoice template - I am aware I can go and Customise an Invoice but there is a lot of detail required and it would be great to have a template to adjust to our requirements - I am unsure how other MYOB customers raise their Commercial Invoices without great difficulty. As MYOB support did not even know what a commercial invoice was, I will include some notes from Wikapedia to explain. A commercial invoice is a document used in foreign trade. It is used as a customs declaration provided by the person or corporation that is exporting an item across international borders.[1] [2] Although there is no standard format, the document must include a few specific pieces of information such as the parties involved in the shipping transaction, the goods being transported, the country of manufacture, and the Harmonized System codes for those goods. A commercial invoice must also include a statement certifying that the invoice is true, and a signature. A commercial invoice is used to calculate tariffs, international commercial terms (like the Cost in a CIF) and is commonly used for customs purposes. Commercial invoices are in European countries not normally for payment. The definitive invoice for payment usually has only the words "invoice". This invoice can also be used as a commercial invoice if additional information is disclosed.

"Commercial Invoice"

5 Comments

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

We have a solution for export documentation in NZ provided as part of the DataWise report writer - please contact me directly to discuss it's applicability to Australian situation. (mike@datawise.co.nz).

• Status changed:
    New
    to
    Open
    Thank you for your suggestion on this. To see the demand for this type of option to be added into the core program it would be great to see some votes from the community to show their support.
  • Have to manually process another invoice to use as a commercial invoice outside of MYOB is very frustrating