Forum Discussion

Kaye_H
Experienced Cover User
2 months ago
Solved

Invoice attachments disappearing

My client attaches supporting documentation to her invoice (by dragging and dropping them to the attachments box at the bottom of the invoice), then emails it all to the client.  After the invoice has been emailed, the attached documents are no longer there :(.

She also has one client that is not receiving the supporting docs, but I suspect that is to do with their email security settings????

Any ideas why the docs are no longer attached to the invoice after they have been emailed?

Doreen_P
    28 days ago

Hi BEYBALLOON,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

I would recommend attaching the documents once only to avoid any duplication. When an invoice has been created and you will need to attach documents, you can attach those documents after clicking the 'Email invoice'. This way, the duplicate process has already been avoided, and those attachments will not disappear after being sent to the recipient.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

5 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Kaye_H,

Thanks for your post.

If the attached document from the invoice disappears once it has been sent to your clients, kindly follow the steps provided below to correct the situation.

• Create and fill out the needed details for the invoice.
    • Click Email Invoice.
    • A new window appears with the recipient's email address and other details, attach the document from there.
    • Click Send.

Once sent, the document will be attached to the email.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

BEYBALLOON
      User

I understand what you are suggesting but this means we are having to load the attachements twice - what's the point of attaching them to the invoice when it's created - duplicate process 

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi BEYBALLOON,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

I would recommend attaching the documents once only to avoid any duplication. When an invoice has been created and you will need to attach documents, you can attach those documents after clicking the 'Email invoice'. This way, the duplicate process has already been avoided, and those attachments will not disappear after being sent to the recipient.

Best regards,

Doreen

Kaye_H
      Experienced Cover User

Ok - so according to my client,  while that gets the required supporting documents to the client at the time of sending the invoice, they don't remain attached to the invoice.  So, in the future, if that invoice needs to be re-sent at a later date, they aren't there, nor are they there when the boss asks the question - where are the supporting documents, when he logs in to check the invoice???  :(

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Kaye_H,

Thanks for your response.

I know that it's important for supporting documents to remain accessible for future reference. In MYOB Business Invoices, attaching documents is indeed a two-step process: you attach the document from the invoice screen, and then you'll need to attach it again when you email the invoice to ensure the attachment is included. I understand that this may not be the ideal solution for your needs. I would encourage you to post on our MYOB Business Idea exchange board for our developer team to review and consider for future improvements. It will greatly help us in enhancing our platform to better meet your needs.

Feel free to post again if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess