Forum Discussion

ALBA1
Contributing User
6 months ago
Solved

Sending Invoice

Since this MYOB has changed the format I cannot send an Invoice. If I tab on the "Email Invoice" button I get the message "One or more fields contain a trailing space, which needs to be removed" and I have tried everything to remedy it. 

• Hi ALBA1

Thank you for your post.

You'll get this error message when one or more email defaults contain either special (non-alphanumeric) characters or have a space at the first or last character in one of the email default message fields. To sort this out, we recommend you check the email defaults by clicking the email defaults tab on the sales setting’s menu. All the email default message will need to be checked for the following: 

• Special (non alphanumeric) characters
    • A space as the first character in any fields
    • A space as the last character in any fields

Please note that you'll need to click into each field and scroll right to the very end of the message to check for any spaces as the last character like you can see in this screenshot I have provided below.

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Shella

3 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ALBA1

Thank you for your post.

You'll get this error message when one or more email defaults contain either special (non-alphanumeric) characters or have a space at the first or last character in one of the email default message fields. To sort this out, we recommend you check the email defaults by clicking the email defaults tab on the sales setting’s menu. All the email default message will need to be checked for the following: 

• Special (non alphanumeric) characters
    • A space as the first character in any fields
    • A space as the last character in any fields

Please note that you'll need to click into each field and scroll right to the very end of the message to check for any spaces as the last character like you can see in this screenshot I have provided below.

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Shella

ALBA1
      Contributing User

All sorted now thank for the advice !!!

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi ALBA1

Thanks for the response. 

We're glad to know that we're able to help you with this.  Feel free to start a new post in the future if you encounter any further issues. We're always delighted to assist you.

And if my response above has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Shella