Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Combine Items

2Posts

130Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User
Australia

Would it be possible for inventory item to be combined so that items that are no longer used or duplicated can be removed from the list.

'Combining inventory items"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2012

We're always looking for ways to improve inventory management. I'm taking this as two suggestions: a) combine old items with others and b) abilitity to select multiple items and delete as a batch. Please vote!

33 Comments
WattsBros
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Supplies companies ofter change the product number or number and the olast person to know is the book keeper so duplicate or multiple cardfiles can exist for the same product. While we can currently make the other items inactive combining the items would allow the history to all be under one Product code.

OLKroozer
Experienced Cover User
57 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We fixed the issue of others duplicating numbers by banning the creation of new numbers by any staff memebers.

We have created a "Nonstock" number for each Product Group and the Staff must use this if we do not usually stock a part.

I go thru these monthly and create new numbers as needed- then change the Nonstock" number to the newly created number.

BUT to be able to combine is a great idea as we are part of a Franchise Group and if someone creates a duplicate number in another Store (and then downloads and uses a data update from Management) they experience the same problem of having 2 Item Numbers they can't deal with.

WattsBros
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Definitely a big YES from me.

KarenB
Partner
7 Posts
Partner

Hello,

What process or time line does MYOB have to follow for a new action to happen?

I have been following the conversation, great idea etc for merging inventory items, but it appears that it is still under consideration.

When would it be a realityas it appears to be a consistent question?

Thank you.

Annabell
3 Posts
Cover User

I too have been watching this in the hope that it may take place soon.  I have many duplicate items which I would love to combine - mostly due to supplier change of item numbers.

Would love to know if it is going to happen.

Thanks

Falconfalcon
1 Post
Cover User

We have got the same problem. Too many users + change in owners, too many duplications. very hard to find items

A-Snax
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I note that the idea of COMBINING INVENTORY ITEM RECORDS has been under consideration since 2012.  Whilst there is no problem with combining SUPPLIER / CUSTOMER records, what is the delay in COMBINING INVENTORY ITEM RECORDS.  Why has this issue gone off the radar?

DC12
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Is there any progress on this request? I've inherited the Items List from hell. Need to clean it up/out.

Tania1
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I Could use a merge/delete option also it would be fantastic

@Didge48 wrote:

Would it be possible for inventory item to be combined so that items that are no longer used or duplicated can be removed from the list.

'Combining inventory items"

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello all, @Didge48 @Tania1

you might like to contact 

Michael

FGH Tables
0427 188 460
Web: www.fghtables.com
Email: admin@fghtables.com