Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Combine Items

2Posts

130Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User
Australia

Would it be possible for inventory item to be combined so that items that are no longer used or duplicated can be removed from the list.

'Combining inventory items"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2012

We're always looking for ways to improve inventory management. I'm taking this as two suggestions: a) combine old items with others and b) abilitity to select multiple items and delete as a batch. Please vote!

33 Comments
d_lovepreetkaur
Experienced User
35 Posts
Experienced User

Suppose you have 20000+ inventory items into your system and accidently you have created one same item twice with two part numbers.

There should be a way to combine those two items provided all transactions have also been combined automatically while combining items.

Thanks

leec
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I've been periodically coming back to check on the progress of this request since 2012 and see that there still has been no action by MYOB. I agree with an earlier comment that if we can combine cards, why is it so hard to make the change to combine items? It would be nice to tidy up my items list once and for all.

SAWS
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

somtime suppliers change names and if you have mulitple staff will create a new item - would be handy to tidy up

Mummsy
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Still following this & hoping that by commenting on the post may bump it back up the list.  It's taken over 6 years and still nothing..........

Mummsy
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This question was initially asked in 2012. Is there a chance that it might be acted upon soon? I have a nightmare list and am trying to reduce the items down.

MariaB
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Is this still in the pipeline???

Tania1
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Doesn't look like MYOB cares enough to do anything.

Zero is looking real good and cheaper per month by about $25.00 might talk it over with the accountant!!

Aylin
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This would be very helpful

AnnatTCSR
2 Posts
Cover User

As I work with both MYOB Account Right and also MYOB Retail Manager it would be realy handy to be able to merge or combine items in Account right inventory, Thanks. 

MariaB
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi, just wondering if any decisions have been made regarding this suggestion??