Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: In Tray - attach documents

PET
Cover User

1Posts

505Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I have seen the in tray for purchases and ask if there are any plans to add an in tray to the sales invoice side. It would be very helpful to us as a solar installation company to store all compliance and design pdfs with the installation sale record, so that over time we when we re-visit the sale record we can find all of that in one place. 

'In tray for Sales?"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hi @PET 

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and sale transactions.

Currently the In Tray can be used for purchases only. I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to upload documents to be read for Sale transactions/an "Out Tray" to vote and comment if required.

287 Comments
matt_jb
4 Posts
Cover User

Lisa_BPP just hit bingo !

Unfortunately the desktop version is on borrowed time 

taslewis
7 Posts
User

If the desktop version is on borrowed time then MYOB have a lot of wortk to do to bring the online version up to usabilility. I use the online version for a couple of things, eg importing a bank statement and some item purchases, but a lot of it has problems that need to be fixed.

DebS_5
Experienced User
39 Posts
Experienced User

I have been asking for the Sales In Tray for years, for both AR and Essentials.  This is truly a "Must Have" for a lot of my MYOB Clients, particularly for attachments to quotes and warranties. Could someone in MYOB please look at this for us.  I know the other Software companies have had this in place for a number of years, but MYOB needs to do this also.  Thank You!

Patti_Syme
Experienced Cover User
146 Posts
Experienced Cover User

If the desktop version is being phased out that is a worry for me as the online one is useless to me.  

Nobo
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree with the comments users have made. While the online version is aesthetic it lacks much functionality that we use in the desktop version.

Another way around some of our concerns would be to say permit up to 3 trading name companies within the one online file or a master file and up to 3 sub-company files each with their own set-ups ( for documents Purchase orders, invoices, statement and alike) with consolidation into the master file.

OR

Reduce the cost of online company files so that we can have 3 companies without being financially penalised ...because that we can do in one desktop file.

SalesEurovap
8 Posts
User

Agree with all recent comments regarding the online version, out of curiosity I attempted to key an invoice 'online', in our desktop version we invoice to "parent company" and ship to "another card - child company" this doesn't look like it can be done... customer customized forms aren't printed either (can't be set by card), it will be so time consuming having to select and print each customers custom form if this can't be set per card... the last form editor change was terrible! and the current is so tempramental its not funny.

If attachments can be added to online version (sales), surely it can be implemented for the desktop version... here's hoping...

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi all, thanks for your posts, and welcome here to the Community Forum. We thank you for your time and effort in showing your support with further votes and comments on this function for the desktop version of MYOB. We apologize for any difficulties you are having due to the absence of this feature. We truly value your patience and understanding during this time. Your insights and ideas are highly encouraged and appreciated. We will make sure that we communicate your ideas and feedback to the team. 

Please do not hesitate to return to the Community Forum if you have any further inquiries. Our team is always here to help. 

Cheers, 
Leneth

Triggs
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

There are multiple comments regarding this issue and the desire for customers to have this as a standard feature as part of their AR program subscription including the desktop version.  Our company has to use a desktop version as we have other manufacturing programs we work with and the cloud is not the answer to everything as much as everyone would seem to think so.

Our experience so far with the cloud based products is that they are inferior to their desktop counterparts whether by accident or on purpose but essentially customers will decide with their $ at the end of the day. 

MYOB you are lagging behind and need to get this happening before we all dissapear......currently our cloud version of AR isn't anywhere near the desktop version in regards to value for money yet we're paying for it??  It needs to be the same full stop.  Its basic to say the least... and really only what other programs are offering as standard - bring back the full register lists please it is so annoying flipping from one screen to another to see what stage something is at on one screen -for all or single customer options (another pet hate of online programs)

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Triggs

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum.

We thank you your effort in sharing your feedback with us. We strive hard to make sure that we provide the best experience for our customers and your feedback helps us. As for this option, we will make sure to post necessary updates if the feature is released. We regret any inconvenience caused to you and we genuinely appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. We will make sure to pass along your suggestions and feedback to the team. 

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist. 

Cheers,  
Leneth 

PennyHanley63
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

This is the reply I received from MYOb about attaching documents to sales invoices.

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. 

Regarding your question, as of this time, we do not have the option to add or attach documents to sales invoices, the same as purchases. However, anyone who would like to see functionality potentially included within future updates to the software is encouraged to show their support for Sales: In Tray - attach documents on the AccountRight Idea Exchange. Rest assured that we will pass on your request and feedback to the team. 

I can see this issue has been requested since 2015. I dont think this is going to help the request happen any faster Smiley Happy